WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Any Antea Back to Bauhaus owners out there?

8K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Eutexian 
#1 ·
To my surprise I find myself wanting a dress watch and the Antea B2B appeals to me with it's quirky font and generally softer look when compared to the regular Antea. I think my favourite version is the white dial 355.

Real world photos of this range are very thin on the ground, so are there any owners here who can share a photo of theirs, along with any thoughts?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Hi PYLTN. Apologies if these pix are rotated.
I used to like my b2b more - it's small, thin and relatively elegant, but it doesn't grab me as much these days. I find my Grand Seikos more sparkly, and a Stowa marine auto more appealing (love the blued hands). Sometimes I think about flipping it.
The b2b's handwound ETA7001 movement is nice - +4 or 5 secs/day.
My wrist is 7.5".

Attachments

#3 ·
Hi whineboy.

Thanks for the photos. Sorry to hear your B2B has lost some of it's appeal. I'm still interested in picking one up. I see it as more of a fun/casual watch that would make a nice contrast to my various tool watches.

#4 ·
Hi PYLTN, sounds like the b2b might be just what you want. The design is funky and a bit whimsical. One thing I am especially impressed by is the hand length - the tips of the minute and second hands hit the very center of each minute and second dot.

I fall in and out of infatuation with my watches, so i figure that in the future I'll again be enjoying my b2b - it's why I haven't flipped any watches in the 7 years I've been collecting.

#6 ·
It's a lovely watch and I enjoy the graphic design aspect very much. I chose the blue dial when I bought this a couple of years ago, but found myself not wearing it too much, partly because it is a bit of a tough color to pair with straps. More of a violet or lilac than a true rich blue. So last year I asked Stowa if they could swap the dial to black. The price was very reasonable and at the same time they bead blasted the case. I absolutely love this new look and I should have just ordered it in black to begin with.

I would love to see this watch in a "sport version" with lumed hands and indices and a screw down crown! Similar to the beach watch concept of the Nomos Ahoi series. Hint hint, Stowa are you listening? :)

Watch Analog watch Blue Watch accessory Wrist

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

#7 ·
It's a lovely watch and I enjoy the graphic design aspect very much. I chose the blue dial when I bought this a couple of years ago, but found myself not wearing it too much, partly because it is a bit of a tough color to pair with straps. More of a violet or lilac than a true rich blue. So last year I asked Stowa if they could swap the dial to black. The price was very reasonable and at the same time they bead blasted the case. I absolutely love this new look and I should have just ordered it in black to begin with.

I would love to see this watch in a "sport version" with lumed hands and indices and a screw down crown! Similar to the beach watch concept of the Nomos Ahoi series. Hint hint, Stowa are you listening? :)

View attachment 12904889

View attachment 12904887
That sounds like amazing service from Stowa. And I was interested to read your comments about the shade of blue - I had been thinking about the blue version but it's very difficult to tell from photos quite what shade it is. Currently, I think the white dial version is my favourite.

Thanks for your feedback :)

#8 ·
They're very nice people and always answer emails in a timely manner. Naturally I have nothing but the highest regard for their products and their service.

The white dial is nice looking too. Too bad they don't offer a silvered dial, I think that would be even better but they probably are costly to make and probably a minimum dial order, etc.

Reactions: whineboy
#9 ·
Sorry for the poor quality photos but this is all I have at the moment. Maybe I'll take some fresh ones tomorrow. In any event, this is a great piece. Probably not an everyday kind of watch because it is thin and dresser, but fairly versatile. By the way, that bead blasted version is awesome!

Attachments

#13 ·
Here's a pic of the black dial 355 version. I have seven inch wrists in case you're wondering about size.

I rather like this watch. I like winding it and the Peseux movement in mine keeps good time. With the sapphire glass, i don't have to worry too much about scratches, and although this is no diver, it certainly has more water resistance than my vintage watches.

The Bauhaus typeface used for the numerals was a 1970s version of a Bayer design from the 1920s. ITC Bauhaus was used on many book covers and posters from my youth. (It's also popular for neon signs.). At any rate, the Bauhaus type gives the watch a 1970-1980s feel that i enjoy.

Last but not least, this is a comfortable watch. It's thin (6.9mm) and small and light enough to forget about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.