WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Resin strap attachment fails on metal square

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  GaryK30 
#1 ·
I'm kind of surprised to see this type of failure. The red strap attachment portion of the strap end was torn through. The strap must have been bent very sharply under the case back when the watch was shipped to get it to fail like this.

#2 ·
So it came to you like that? If so, wow...makes me wonder if that got packed wrong at the factory or if someone opened the box at some point and didn't put it back right. Either way, that's a warranty issue in my opinion.

Hope you get it sorted out. I'd be really upset if I couldn't wear my brand new watch...

#3 ·
No, it's not mine. It's a video by Random Rob. He shipped it to one of his YouTube buddies (or his buddy shipped it to him) in a USPS flat rate box and apparently tried to squeeze it into the box, flattening the strap to the case back.

#6 ·
One thing that I learn from this that the lug design on this watch is essentially indestructible. There are also no springbars or springbar holes that could be possibly damaged.

It is a pity the strap failed, but it seem like it had a reasinably good case to do so. The watch itself has remained true to it's reputation.

I can think of another watch, that under the same shipping scenario would almost certainly have it's case lugs busted and would then become unwearable.

#8 ·
I would never ship a watch the way they did. That said, if the red resin portion of the strap were reinforced with carbon fiber it would probably be much more durable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.