WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

vintage band for a vintage watch

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Eeeb 
#1 ·
I found a vintage band for my 1941 Gruen Curvex. I picked up a Speidel Golden Knight from 1947 which surprisingly fits over my hand. I still like the leather strap I had on it, but this is kind of neat.

With new band.

With leather strap.

Gruen ad.

Golden Knight ad.

See less See more
#4 ·
The band is a little small at the lugs. I figured I would pop in on my watchmaker this week and see if he had any ideas.

#6 ·
Thanks, the Gruen ad is from my watch wall. The Golden Knight is from the internet. I may have to buy it.

#7 ·
It's a nice bracelet, but because of the loose fit, the band looks better. These can be found on Ebay, not yet cut down, so you could replace it with the same model, but the right fit.

A lot of those early bracelets are really kind of 'Girly', judged by present day aesthetics. This one's not too bad, but the narrowness of it might require a male wearer to be, shall we say, secure in his masculinity.

#8 · (Edited)
The bracelet and watch are pretty small, especially on my 225 pound frame. In short sleeves it looks silly. In the picture I am wearing a late model Omega Seamaster. If I wear it with my suit it works.

#11 ·
Did anyone OEM Spidel Pinch-O-Flex bracelets? I believe they are aftermarket. (Mirus is right... they gouge lugs!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.