WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Amazon (not the usual question re. gray market)

773 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Citizen V 
#1 ·
So, I am perfectly aware that Amazon is basically a grey market dealer.

However I was looking at Eterna watches online, specifically the various Kontiki models. I saw quite a few for sale in Amazon at decent prices, but what really struck me was that regarding the warranty, Amazon states that these Eterna are covered under "Eterna 2-year warranty"!
This is different from other brands (for example: Tag Heuer), where Amazon states that the watch is under their own warranty ("Amazon.com 2-year limited warranty" or "Amazon 2-year warranty").

However I am a little confused because in the .pdf associated with the "Eterna 2-year warranty", it's clearly stated that "The guarantee will only be valid if page 2 of the guarantee certificate has been fully completed by an approved Eterna dealer, and is presented when a guarantee claim is made".

Now I understand Amazon is NOT an approved Eterna dealer by a longshot, so how is this Eterna 2-year warranty valid in any way, shape or form? What's your opinion (or even better, your personal experience in the matter, if you have any)?

I sent an email to Amazon's customer dept. to see what's their clarification about this, but I am wondering if someone here knows something about this.

Thanks for the replies.

See less See more
#3 ·
I believe they may be an AD in this case or have an agreement with Gevril Group who is the sole US agent for the Eterna (err or is this just what an AD is) . If you go to their website, clicking on individual models will link to Amazon.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin
Oh wow, you're right: I went to Gevril Group's website (I honestly didn't know Gevril was the sole US agent for Eterna) and indeed it links individual models to Amazon.
I also received an aswer from Amazon stating that indeed they are an authorized reseller for Eterna watches and that Eterna understands that the warranty for each watch doesn't get stamped, but that Eterna will anyway honor the warranty as long as you have a print out of the purchase from Amazon.

Thank so much for your answer, Citizen V, you helped me A LOT! Happy New Year to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.