WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What is the watch you see mostly on people wrists ?

2K views 33 replies 32 participants last post by  gillmanjr 
#1 ·
Being the watch nut that I am I find I stare many times at people wrists trying to see what watch they wear.
I commute to work and back via bus and subway so I get to see many people everyday.
In most cases if people wear watches I dont recongine they watches, these in most cases are cheap quartz watchs but in some cases I do recognise.

The watch I see the most and recognise is Omega Seamaster.
Second most common is the Rolex Submariner.

#2 ·
In construction I see cheap plastic watches or metal Timex type things.

I don't punch the Office Building time card so I don't see a lot of watches in my business.

I will say the only real watch I've seen come into my office was a Seamaster PO.

besides the watches on my wrist I will add.

#3 ·
Despite what others have said in the Speedmaster Cliche thread, the Speedmaster remains one of the top watches I have seen in the wild. Others in no particular order:

Rolex Daytona
Rolex Sub
Panerai (various models)
Omega Seamaster
Victorinox (various models)
G-Shock

#8 · (Edited)
In my two years as a watch voyeur, I've spotted many Fossil watches and several unknown but really large watches that had to be in the 50+ range. I recall seeing this chunky gold plated piece that overwhelmed this one guy's wrist. I also recall seeing a similarly sized watch dangling on the wrist of a thin girl at the counter. I was wearing a 36mm watch at the time, so I felt a little self-conscious. G-shocks seem to be prevalent among adults and teens.

I sometimes take the same subway car with a guy who wears a Seiko SKX007. I don't know him, but I like his choice in a daily wear piece. So far, it's the only SKX007 I've spotted in the wild.

Walking through the streets of Manhattan, I come across Omega Seamasters and the occasional Rolex. I never had the opportunity to take a closer look, so I couldn't tell if they were sporting fakes.

At my local supermarket, I spotted a blue dialed gold Rolex sub on the wrist of an older man, but upon closer inspection while waiting behind him, it turned out to be an Invicta.

#27 ·
At my local supermarket, I spotted a blue dialed gold Rolex sub on the wrist of an older man, but upon closer inspection while waiting behind him, it turned out to be an Invicta.
I was at subway the other day and the guy infront of me was wearing what I thought was a steel date sub. I almost said "nice watch" but then I noticed it had "invicta" written down the side of the case so I left it alone.

#10 ·
Mostly Seiko quartz and Citizen Eco Drive, if anything at all. I work in an office. The managers have some nicer watches, TAGs, Movado, Breitling, a Rolex here or there. There's even one watch obsessed managing director who I've seen wearing JLC, Breitling, and IWC, as well as many vintage pieces I haven't been able to identify.

#12 ·
On men: Invicta
On women: Michael Kors

I see a lot of 'real' luxury brands in the wild (e.g. Rolex, OMEGA), but in general, I see more Invicta and Michael Kors watches than each of the other brands out there.

Reactions: Mot524 and bacari
#16 ·
Here in NYC I see tons of rolexes - mostly datejusts and subs. A lot of business guys over 40 are wearing datejusts.
On the flip side a lot of kids are wearing G's. I see them everywhere now in lots of different colors.

#17 ·
In South Dakota the fashionable among us wear Fossil. After that it's G-shock or similar. Sometimes an Omega and rarely a Rolex. This is a very rural part of the US. While it's practically nothing for somebody to spend 50-70K on a truck, they rarely wear watches and when it happens it's quite often <200$.

#24 ·
Seriously? You must be joking. I probably see subs 3/day in Tampa! No joke either. Take a walk thru international mall you will see at least 3. Go anywhere halfway decent for lunch/dinner you see them.

#19 · (Edited)
In the USA. I see virtually all quartz. The most commonly seen is unrecognizable cheap quartz. After that, I see quite a few Citizen/Eco Drive watches. Once in awhile I will see a Seiko quartz or an Invicta or a Movado. I almost never see a mechanical watch, and when I do it is almost always a Rolex. However, I go to China, I see all kinds of watches from different makers on people's wrists.

#20 ·
As someone already said, I see mostly Michael Kors on women with Michelle watches coming in a distant second. On men, I see Citizen and Invicta alot and on young men/teenagers I see a whole lot of G-shocks.

#21 ·
I have only ever seen three "high end" watches in Toronto.

I live in Rosedale and commute via subway to work at Yonge and Front and you'd think I would see more but don't. Most I see are fashion type stuff.

Guy that sits beside me here at work has an Omega PO. I spotted a Rolex Sub at a wine tasting event at the ROM a few years ago and not too long ago spotted a Cartier Tank on the subway.

That's it, maybe I just don't pay enough attention to people on the subway (I hate the subway even though my commute is only about 10 minutes)

#22 ·
I work in retail and as much as I hate to say it.... It's rolex. Submariner or date just. It's kind of sad really. And most of the time it's one of two people. Old retiree or middle age guy who thinks he now made it because he can now wear his dad's sub. They are so frequent I don't even bother with the compliment!

Reactions: Gary123
#26 ·
Timex Ironman. By far.

Here where I live in the western Rockies, watches that would hold a lot of interest for the average WIS are few and far between. By far the most common is the Timex Ironman and other, similar digital sports watches. This is true even among wealthier people and professionals I've worked with. A judge I interned with, for example, wore what must have been either a Timex Atlantis or a digital Expedition. This was also true of my law school peers, with a few exceptions. Many of the more expensive watches you see around here are also in the athletic, outdoorsy vein, like Suunto, Casio Pathfinder, or Luminox.

Some slightly more interesting watches I've identified: Citizen perpetual calendar and Rolex Datejust on co-workers; Bulova, Citizen, and Seiko on family friends; Omega SMP, TAG Formula 1, Tissot T-Touch, Tissot T-Classic, and a VSA auto field watch on law school classmates; Rolex pepsi GMT Master on a law school professor (who was also a retired judge). My brother wears a Nomos Club Dunkel (after I gave him a bit of help with watch-shopping) and my best friend wears a Deep Blue Daynight T25 that I gave him as a gift.

On women I mostly see fashion watches like Anne Klein and Michael Kors, except for the Rolex Datejust I mentioned above, which was a men's mid-size model worn by a woman co-worker.

#30 ·
I'd say I see G-Shocks most often, aside from that just cheap quartz stuff, usually Timex, Seiko or Citizen. The only person I can think of right now who wears something decent is my boss who has a Submariner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.