WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Ordered Hamilton... received Tissot... would you return it?

2K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  mjnoles1 
#1 · (Edited)
Ordered this:

http://www.glooks.com/watches/watch_detail.asp?pid=H71516137&brandname=hamiltonn&cat=watch

but received this:

http://www.glooks.com/watches/watch_detail.asp?pid=T41.1.387.51&brandname=Tissot&cat=watch

Keep or complain and replace?What do you guys think?

I attached borrowed pics of both. This came in the mail today and I really had no time to take photos.

I don't mind tissot but it seams that hammilton would be tide bit easier to read time.

Bizzare situation no? Any of you guys ever ordered one item but ended up receiving another?

P.S.

Tissot pic is miss leading... tissot hands are really silver colour not white as on the pic. This makes is "not so easy to read" but you kinda get used to it quickly. There is no lume on tissot at all.

P.P.S.

I was charged for the price of hamilton, even thou everything in packaging says "tissot". So I paid 660 or so not 695 for Tissot.

While on the subject, did anyone ever maintained 7750? Is it expensive to do? If yes, how often did you maintain it? Just curious, thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, if you wanted the Hamilton watch and got another one, then I should think you'd want to switch it up.

I see you're in Canada too, so if you want to switch then that'll be tons of fun to deal with, two more border/customs crossings. I've ordered things from the US and had it take 2 and a half months to get to my door, I don't even bother anymore.

It should be your call clearly, there isn't a huge price difference between the two.

#4 ·
IMHO the Hamilton is much cooler.

#6 ·
Wow that's certainly odd duke!
I think readability is a wash between the 2 and I like the Tissot bracelet more so one vote for Tissot here.
As MMT mentions I'd make sure there wouldn't be any warranty issue then just decide on the relative merits in your eyes.
Let us know how it goes!

#8 ·
I'd return it and get what I ordered, but that is just because I think it is the right thing to do. I may ask for a discount though for the trouble. :)
For sure a discount, you gotta wait again.....

#9 ·
Now if you ordered a Hamilton and received a Rolex Daytona, not sure I would make a return. lol

I also,lean towards the hammy!

paul:-d

#10 ·
Hmmm... it is a bizzare error indead... for one I have to ship it back but mind you I already paid duties for this... if I take it back Canadian Customs will gladly charge me again...

Tough choice. I like the fact that I can read hammie at night (or so it appears).

Will think about it overnight and decide what to do tomorrow.

Thanks for all the answers folks it has been much appriciated.

P.S.

Man... one day I have it and I'm in TOTAL love for 7750. Hooked it's a word I guess ... ;-)

#11 ·
Badge engineering at its finest :-x They're both Swatch Group and probably came out of the same factory, so there's nothing to choose between, quality-wise.

My local watchmaker detests the 7750 with a passion, or more particularly the committee that created it. It's not the easiest thing to service. Having said that, it's certainly proven its worth over the last few decades. I guess my point is enjoy it, but think twice about owning more than one if you intend to get them serviced every 5 years or so.

#12 ·
I'll go with Tragic here...in my opinion I think the Tissot looks better. But man, if you originally wanted the Hamilton I'd be calling them up with a complaint! It's really up to you but I bet it is hard to ship that Tissot back out after it's been in your hands... cause I'm sure its a nice one..... let us know what you do!

#13 ·
A difficult one. You say that you paid customs duty, so if you return the Tissot for the Hammy you have to pay again. I would get in touch with the seller and ask them to help you out with the extra customs duty if you return the watch. After all it was their mistake in the first place.

#14 ·
For me the answer would be simple: YES. ;-)

#15 ·
Mostly the differences are a matter of style. The only functional difference I can see is the absence of the telemeter scale on the Tissot which is probably not a real concern.

It is hard to tell from the pictures, but the Hamilton doesn't seem to have "Swiss Made" annotation on the dial while the Tissot does. This might be a Hamilton that uses a Swiss Valjoux movement but was cased up in the Orient. I've read somewhere recently that Hamilton does this with some of their watches. It probably makes no difference one way or the other, but it is something else to take into consideration.

Whatever you decide about the watches, you should let the seller know of his error.

#17 ·
Seller has been contacted in regards to the issue. If they're ready to reduce the price of hammy for the equivalent of Custom duties Tissot is going back if not I'll keep it. I like the hammy but not enough to go trough trouble of paying 2ce the price of Custom dutie.

I e-mail tham yestarday so now we play the waiting game...

Cheers again and thanks for all reponses.:-!

P.S.

There is really nothing wrong with Tissot other than lume. If the lume would be better tissot would be a keeper for sure but truth to be told silver hands on black dial are poor choice from readability perspective. A poor choice on Tissot part and perhaps a good explanation why is this model not popular at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.